Monday, October 15, 2012

Daily Notes & Data Collection

Just wanted to quickly share how I do my daily notes/data collection.  Last year I changed my data collection methods a million times because I just couldn't figure out the most efficient way to do it!  I felt like everything was disorganized and I had to transfer information to multiple different areas.  Toward the end of last school year I found a document somewhere online (can't think of where for the life of me!) that I was able to alter a little bit to meet my needs.



At the top of this document there is space for general information such as name, teacher, minutes, annual review date, re-eligibility year, whether or not they are medicaid, and goals. In the first box I fill in the date and how many minutes I saw them for.  The second box is the Absence Code which is only filled in if they were absent.  Third box is for therapy setting the session was conducted in. The 'PO' stands for Pull Out.  Fourth box is for the general activity we did-can circle as many as you need.  Last box is for data.  Each morning I put a sheet of labels on my clipboard and that is where I put my data for the session.  At the top of each label I put the student's name and the date then write in what we did and any data I collected.  At the end of the day I simply peel off the labels and stick them to the student's daily notes sheet!  It has been super easy and convenient since everything is all in one place!

2 comments:

  1. Do you take data every session for every kid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take data every session for my articulation only kids, but not for my language kids. For these students, I try to take quantitative data about once per week. If I am not taking data on a particular day, I still write down the activity/lesson we did on the label.

      Delete