Saturday, March 9, 2013

Oral Writing

Soon after discovering Whole Brain Teaching, I came across the Oral Writing approach.  Oral Writing is based on the belief that if children talk in paragraphs, they will write in paragraphs.  Here is the webcast on it:



This webcast was so interesting and informational! My kids have a really difficult time with writing.  Their sentences are incomplete, paragraphs disorganized, topics rarely maintained, and I could go on and on.  Writing is definitely an area of weakness.  This seems to be a great way to help address that weakness.  

Head over to Simply 2nd Resources for Becca's post on Oral Writing! She has an awesome post that includes important notes from the video above, technique descriptions, and pictures of her adorable classroom!!

Also check out The Teaching Thief blog for some FREE oral writing posters for your classroom!  



Here is where they live in my classroom:



I hope to implement this technique more as the year goes on! Has anyone else ever tried this technique? Is anyone interested in trying it out??

I'd love to hear your thoughts!!

1 comment: